Gosh I just love blogging!
well, in all truthfulness, at times it gets in my nerves like any job does , however, just when you plan to slow down ( which indeed I have done) you keep pushing on because you know deep inside
a) you do love what your doing < tick>
b) you have this unwavering passion for design- it’s all art , everywhere < tick>
c) when you find something that changes your little world and and are appreciated for not only writing your blog but also quite unexpectedly you receive a free expensive, quality good, you sigh abd think – mm it *really* IS all worth it all < tick tick tick>
So…..what’s the big win? Moreover, what’s all this major excitement all about?
Don’t stop reading, check this out….
Yup, maisonmummy has just been awarded a *Dyson supersonic hairdryer* <worth as much as a small Dyson vacuum-cleaner > …. did I mention it was NOT a vacuum cleaner? It really IS a hairdryer extraordinaire!
Yup, Dyson has dared to go into brand new territory into the land of hairdressing products and made ( for now) the supersonic , ultimate hairdryer .
To kick things off, let’s begin with the bad news-
And just before you give up completely due to the price of this gadget ( a mere $699aud or $299pounds), I understand fully why oh why would *anyone* spend that much money on a mere hairdryer unless you were having regular Botox or didn’t have to even think about money at all ( at I’m not having Botox yet- no, I’m fortunate not to have to have it YET. I shall wait until my son graduates with a medical degree in cosmetic surgery. That’s ages away. Anyway, I’m a scardy cat- for now ). Further, I make a living by design Abd must save save save – I’m a mere designer trying to save to design old cottages and up cycling is most of what I do ( must say I have found some DIVINE pieces of art, old mirrors and items fir the house I only need to add chalk paint to and voila, you would never know. I did get my entrance hall church pews for gratis from my family church but had to promise to keep them forever. Mind you, I love them as they can be used to put on your children’s shoes Abd winter hoods and it suits modern or old. Okay so I like to mix old with new and that’s where I arrive at ; ( drumroll )…THE
dysons supersonic ultramodern hairdryer
because it does look like something.. Rather space-age ( see above – I asked fir white as I couldn’t do the ultra barbie pink after years of having a young girl at home yearning to wear the colour. Thankfully my daughter also is a black grey and white girl these days. I wonder, has it something to do with living in Artsy Northcote? Or just growing up? Who knows but she is in the white team at sports school which may help.
A few points about the supersonic Dyson hairdresser;
1. Yes it’s expensive
2. If you can handle the price the are some added bonuses
3. I have thick longish hair so it can take up to an hour to dry my hair! Try 10 minutes instead- especially with a sore back!
4. It doesn’t damage your hair
5. It WONT damage your hair like hair staighteners Abd other hair dyers do as it blows out cooler energy. It the mystery of the product if you go online a type in *Dyson supersonic hairdryer* it will explain further why it doesn’t damage hair which can only be a good thing.
6. It’s way lighter than most large hairdryers
7. It is either quieter than other hairdryers or let’s off a different sound so you can still hear the TV or radio in the background if you wish.
8. You don’t need a hairbrush. No, mist hairdressers just use their hands through a clients hair Abd it does the job.
9. most frizz will disappear so you won’t bed to use a straightener afterwards ir curler/ rollers depending on what you want to do of course.
10. Finally, makes life for people like he with thick mid-length hair MUCH easier Abd don’t we all deep down wish for that ?
so if your thinking of purchasing one, I’ll be writing more about it in my maisonmummy blog just to see if it continues to work Abd how it best works but for now I’m one very content maisonmummy. It’s also great for using on children as it doesn’t overheat hair or littke ears and heads so I say go without the designer jewellery or bag this year thus Christmas and if your hair is driving you batty you might consider one of these beauties.
Funny, how I’m seeing them everywhere arm the other day the Girks in the cuerrrnt Australian Batchie series were using them in hot pink , however I am more than delighted with pure white.
Got any questions? You might want to wait 6-12,months to purchase one as the price is surely to go down, don’t you think?
happy blow drying and share comments with maisonmummy anyone who has one – they only came out in the Austrakian market in July this year so there’s plenty of time.
The next one should be even quieter and lighter AND even faster than this current model .
Question is, would I purchase one myself?
oh yeah baby !Anythubg that saves time on my locks is bliss fir me. My hands get way too tired Abd Anythubg that helps, well, I have enough jewellery anyway, this year if prefer something hands-on, practical!